EFFECTIVE DATE: June 3, 2022 OWNER: Marketing
POLICY NUMBER: MF- MKTG1.01-P-20220603-PRIVACY
MacLean-Fogg respects the privacy and personal information of our team members, visitors, customers, suppliers and business partners.
- PURPOSE & SCOPE
This Policy contains the following sections:
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Children Under 18
- Choices Regarding Your Information
- California and Nevada Privacy Notices
- Canadian Resident Rights
- Storage of Information
- How to Contact
- Changes In Policy
- Types of Information We Collect
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, home address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Billing Information. For example, we may receive your billing and shipping addresses.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect other information you submit through an online comment or when you contact our sales or support teams. This also includes any information that you may submit while leaving a review.
- Design Information. If you submit a design, we will collect product information and any photographs that you provide.
- Business Information. For example, we may collect your business contact information. We may also collect information about your employer and your job title.
- Employment Information. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your job title. If you apply for a job with us, we may also collect the personal information you include in your application and your employment history. We may also collect information about your education history.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Account Information. Certain portions of the Platform allow you to create a user account. In connection with that account, we may collect your username and password.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased. We may also collect personal information about your purchasing habits, or consuming history or tendencies.
- Usage Information. We may collect information regarding how you use the Platform. For example, we may collect information regarding what Platform features are useful or most frequently used.
- Technical Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
- How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Purchase our products and services.
- Submit an inquiry to us.
- Complete an online form.
- Contact our sales or support team.
- Submit a product design.
- Leave a review.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Apply for a job through the Platform.
- Otherwise interact with us.
- For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device or click on a sponsored link or third-party advertisement. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform.
From Third-Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and analytics vendors.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Your contacts who provide your information to us because they think you may be interested in our products and services or they want to share a product or service with you.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third-parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include online usage information.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third-parties with information we already have about you.
- How We Use Your Information
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This includes fulfilling your requests for our products and services.
- To Customize Your Experience With Us. This may include displaying products that may be of interest to you.
- To Run and Improve Our Platform and Business. We may use your information to make our Platform and business better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Provide Customer Support. This includes responding to customer service and support requests.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company and our business initiatives. This includes using your information to personalize your experience on our Platform and with our products. This may include advertising to you on or through social media platforms. We may also engage in online behavioral advertising and retargeting. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices Regarding Your Information section below.
- For Administrative Purpose This includes using your information for accounting, record keeping, backup, and administrative purposes
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You. This includes using your information for our legitimate business needs.
- As Requested or Directed By You.
- How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate entities.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third-parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- On Our Platform. For example, we may publicly display on our Platform personal information you post on our social media sites or submit through our customer reviews feature.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include data aggregators, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if we merge with, acquires or is acquired, or sells part of its business to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- Where You Have Asked Us to Share Your Information With a Third-Party
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
- Children Under 18
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 18, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has provided us with information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
- Choices Regarding Your Information
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as you maintain an account with us or receive Services, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding your account and the Services.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection.
- Flash Cookies: You may need to take an additional action to manage flash cookies, which you can learn more about here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics on our Platform to help us understand how you use our Platform. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Facebook: We may use Facebook cookies to target ads to you. You can learn about how to opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from Facebook here.
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Options you select are browser and device specific.
- California and Nevada Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section describes our personal information practices offline and online, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this section does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect:
- From our workforce members for employment-related purposes; or
- In the course of certain business-to-business transactions
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” or for “sale” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents: identifiers; categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, including physical characteristics or description; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; audio, electronic and visual information; geolocation information; professional or employment-related information; education information; and inferences drawn from the categories in this paragraph.
- We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for “business purposes” as this term is defined in CCPA.
- We may collect personal information as described in the “HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy
- We may use personal information we collect for “business purposes” and “commercial purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA. These purposes are as described in the “HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
- We may share personal information we collect with third parties as described in the “HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out. CCPA provides a right to opt-out of the “sale” of personal information as that term is defined in CCPA. We do not currently “sell” personal information, as we understand that term to be defined by the CCPA. If you would like to limit the cookies and other tracking tools used our on Platform, please follow the instructions in the Choices Regarding Your Information section above.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us at email@example.com. Please include your name, email address, and indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
Additional Information about your California Rights. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Nevada Pricy Rights. If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us by email at email@example.com.
- Canadian Resident Rights – Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you are a resident of Canada, you have a right to request access to your personal information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you would like to have access to the personal information we have about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will
- Storage and Transfer of Information
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Personal Information processed and stored in another country, including the United States, may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Platform or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at the following address:
1000 Allanson Road
Mundelein, IL 60060
- Changes in Policy
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.